Tuesday 19 July 2011

Anthony Callea's new comeback efforts

Anthony Callea has begun a new comeback effort, starting with headlining performances at Stockholm Gay Pride week. The 28 year old is also reportedly working on his third studio album, according to The Daily Telegraph.


In recent years, Callea has turned his efforts to musical theatre and reality television, even combining the two in the form of Foxtel's original series Ultimate School Musical: Fame. His pop career however sharply declined after his brief peak in popularity immediately post-Australian Idol.

It's interesting that The Daily Telegraph's article randomly mentioned that he's a fan of The Voice. Is he going to mentor on the forthcoming Australian version?

2 comments:

  1. Gee I hope he does mentor on The Voice. As you mentioned, he has a lot of experience as a vocal coach, it was his job before he entered Idol and he did it very effectively on It Takes Two and Ultimate School Musical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping my comment-cherry, Anonymous! hahaha. And the comment wasn't hurling abuse at me, so I'm doubly grateful :)

    I agree, I have to say that I didn't think of Anthony when Nine announced The Voice for Australia (probably because he's flown under the radar so much) but I think he's very suited for that mentor role!

    ReplyDelete