Sunday 6 November 2011

Ricki Lee: Raining Diamonds single launch at Midnight Shift, Sydney 5.11.11 - WORLD EXCLUSIVE!!

Australian pop singer Ricki Lee launched her new single Raining Diamonds at the Midnight Shift in Sydney last night and randomly I was there to watch the festivities.

Ricki grabs her thigh as she thanks the audience. Yes, that is her.
As I didn't even know Ricki would be performing that night, I did not have a decent camera on me so I apologise for these heinous pictures from my phone. But I can write that the vibe of the night was great, the drag queens and male dancers were hot (especially one named Rory...) and Ricki's voice was pretty spectacular. She also sang Can't Touch It before exiting the stage less than 10 minutes after her 'launch' started at like 3am in the morning.

Like the movie The Ring, all my pictures had this weird glare on her face?! At least you can see her thigh action!
Fun fact, this is the second time I've seen Ricki perform live. The first being that time I went to watch the last ever Australian Idol finale and she sang her underrated flop Hear No, See No, Speak No.

You can kinda see her face in this one...lol
It's funny, this blonde guy kept squishing into the front and pushing my friend back. Turns out he worked for Ricki. He could've told us that he needed to position himself to get her jacket instead of grunting and huffing sneering glares at my friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment