Saturday 16 July 2011

Songs from Department Stores I Like...

While shopping at JB Hi Fi in the city today, some crazy bitch actually complained to a store clerk about the indie music they were playing. This random woman actually went up to one of the shop's employees and said:
"Excuse me, I just wanted to tell you that the music in here is awful. I just had to tell you that."
Firstly, who the hell says that? I didn't realise that JB Hi Fi had to cater to this one sole woman's musical tastes. The shop is probably sorry that they've annoyed this person for playing the likes of Bon Iver and Lykke Li rather than endless repeats of Pink.

Secondly though, it got me thinking about music in department stores. The stand out song for me that I heard in Myer today was:

A few days ago, I actually liked and downloaded this BEP song while shopping for TV box sets. Sacrilege! I'm ashamed.


How about you? What songs in department stores do you grow to like by the time you leave with all of your shit? Or what songs do they ruin from playing it incessantly?

No comments:

Post a Comment